[Pw_forum] Re: Solved! Re: Problems running PWscf in parallel

stewart at cnf.cornell.edu stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Tue Nov 1 23:03:20 CET 2005

Hi Paolo,

  I took a look at my make.sys file and you are correct.  The LAM variable
was not defined by the configuration utility in my case and the lack of it
was the source of my problem.  The fix below did take care of the problem in
my case, however I agree that use of it in other scenarios could cause
problems.  I was glad to see the code running in parallel and sent the email
off before I followed through the implications.  Does the configure utility
check for the presence of lam-mpi or does this have to be added in manually?

Thanks,

Derek