[Pw_forum] Two problems for pseuodopotential choosing

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Mon May 9 09:36:29 CEST 2005

In a non-local pseudopotential  in the KB form (the one used by ESPRESSO
codes)
the angular momentum dependent part of the PP is described in term of
projectors.
Each projector carries an angular momentum label to which it applies.

If you want to generate a local pseudopotential you can do it using zero
projectors.
An example of such local pseudopotentials are H.blyp-vbc.UPF and
H.pz-vbc.UPF
in  http://www.pwscf.net/pseudo.htm

However,  reasonably accurate local pseudopotentials can be obtained for
very
few elements.

stefano de Gironcoli