[Pw_forum] ERROR IN PHONON CALCULATION.

Alcantara Ortigoza, Marisol alcantar at phys.ksu.edu
Tue Mar 8 04:21:35 CET 2005

Dear Paolo Gianozzi,

Thanks for replying. I restarted from the very beginning, the scf
calculation with a completely new (empty) temporal output directory,
then I did the non-self-consistent calculation; at the end, it still
showed the warning : " WARNING:     1 eigenvalues not converged " I was
using mixing beta = 0.1 . The output files were there. But the same
error resulted when I ran ph.x

So, I started - again - from the very beginning but this time I changed
the diagonalization method to 'conjugated-gradient' for the
non-self-consistent calculation and no problem about convergency showed
up at the end of the band-structure calculation (I did not care about
forces because of what you said). Anyway, now it is running OK.

Thank you very much.

Marisol Alcantara Ortigoza.