[Pw_forum] Understanding "eband" & "deband" in "total energy"

Konstantin Kudin konstantin_kudin at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 20:11:26 CEST 2005

 Things look to be rather tricky in electrons.f90 ...

 There is some density that is generated from new bands, and then there
is also this density mixed with the older ones via the Broyden scheme
for which the potential is actually calculated.

 In principle, one should be able to get the total energy and all its
components for a given density. However, it is not clear if the
subroutine "electrons" actually does this.

 So I would also like to know what is the total energy in "electrons",
and which density it corresponds to.

 Kostya