[Pw_forum] a question about phonon calculation

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 12:56:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

To do it first you have to calculate force constants
for a number if q-points, and then transform C(q),
force constants in the reciprocal space, to C(R) using
q2r.x. Finally, using these real-space force
constants, C(R), you can calculate \omega(q) for a
given q-point using matdyn.x by means of the inverse
Fourier transformation C(q)=\int C(R)exp(-iqR).
These q-vectors could be defined manually or you can
wait some time. I am going to include my small
programs to PWSCF distribution.

Please have a look also at example06.

Best regards,
Eyvaz.