[Pw_forum] Distribution of the memory when use -npool option

sbraccia carlo sbraccia at sissa.it
Fri Jul 15 14:54:24 CEST 2005

Dear Sergey,

the compromise is using the two schemes together:

mpirun -np 64 ./pw.x -npool 32 -in my.inp

(to have 32 pools each one of 2 cpus, the memory is ~1/2 the memory for
a serial run)

or

mpirun -np 64 ./pw.x -npool 16 -in my.inp

(to have 16 pools each one of 4 cpus, the memory is ~1/4 the memory for
a serial run)

and so on.

carlo