[Pw_forum] Questions on phonon calculation of MgB2

张 洪彬 leoant21 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 03:12:35 CEST 2005

Dear all:
  Now I am trying to do some calculation on MgB2, but after I have do
phonon calculation on an automatic generated 6*6*6 MP k-points and try to
use q2r.x to get the dynamic matrix, the program give me the error info
like below:
nqs=0.00000 0.0000 0.28867(which was generated automatically by previous
scf calculation)

q point not allowed

stopping......
  so may someone tell what's wrong? And I want to know is there any rule
when one choose a "uniform grid" which can be used for later q2r
calculation when doing phonon calculation?
Bests