[Pw_forum] Functionals, pseudopotentials, etc. for H2O ice

Steven Kirk Steven.Kirk at htu.se
Sat Jul 9 09:56:23 CEST 2005

Hello,

Does anyone on this list have some recommendations for good functionals,
pseudopotentials and other simulation configuration data (e.g. cutoffs)
for PWSCF simulations of low-pressure tetrahedrally-coordinated H2O ice?
I already have some crystal structure data to work with, but I need
recommendations for the other simulation setup information.

One important requirement is that the topology of the charge density be
accurate, so that charge density distribution on both covalent (sigma)
and 'H-bond' bonding interactions is as accurately represented as
possible. This suggests the use of ultrasoft pseudopotentials, but I'd
be grateful for some advice on this.

Many thanks in advance,
Steve Kirk
--