[Pw_forum] Error with gnuplot

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 22:55:25 CET 2005

Hi,

Probably, you try to run a command "gnuplot file.dat".

If so, it is not correct. First you should enter
"gnuplot" and then "plot file.dat".
If you try to visualize a 3D object, say charge
density, "splot" command should be used and this case
requires some additional keys.
If you like to see a charge density mapped on a plane,
I remember, a PS-file should be produced by program.
In this case Gnuplot is not required. Just enter "gv
file.ps" (or ggv instead gv).

If the aforementioned cases are not your case, please
provide more information.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

--- "Roberto G. A. Veiga" <raveiga at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I try to view a plot using gnuplot, I see:
>
> gnuplot> 25   25    1     0.41666666666667E-01
> 0.41666666666667E-01
>          ^
>          "plots/charge.plot", line 1: invalid
> command
>
> Why?
>
> []s,
>
> Roberto

> Blogs: http://robertoveiga.blogspot.com e
> http://democracialiberal.blogspot.com.

>  All your favorites on one personal page – Try My
Yahoo!