[Pw_forum] question about the exchange correlation function

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Jan 5 12:45:18 CET 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 07:36, Shaorui Sun wrote:

> In the pw calculation, Is it necessary to set the exchange-correlation
> function as same as that in the pseudopotential?

the xc functional IS forced to be the same as the one written in the
pseudopotential file(s), because one should use in the pw calculation
the same xc functional that was used to generate the pseudopotential(s).
If you want, you can edit the xc functional in the pseudopotential file(s),
at your own risk

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it