[Pw_forum] Re: Re: parallel ph.x in Opteron (Paolo Giannozzi)

wlyim at puccini.che.pitt.edu wlyim at puccini.che.pitt.edu
Sun Feb 13 23:38:44 CET 2005

Thanks for your suggestion. I am waiting for the ifc compiler.

By the way, I have checked the optimization flag and the subroutines. I
found that all the object files can be compiled with the default configure
settings (FFLAGS = -fast -r8 $(IFLAGS)). However, for a specific object
file dvqpsi_us_only.o, I needed to lower the optimization level and
changed it to (FFLAGS = -O1 -Mnoframe -Mlre -r8 $(IFLAGS) $(FDFLAGS)). So,
now my parallel pw.x and ph.x works, where all object files were compiled
by default setting and dvqpsi_us_only.o by specific setting.

Any bug in dvqpsi_us_only.f90 or PGI 5.1 compiler?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
William Yim