[Pw_forum] spin-polarized GGA calculation in pw

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Dec 1 11:27:53 CET 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 09:24, W. YU wrote:

> Is it really possible to do spin-polarized GGA calculation
> in PW now?

of course it is. Not all functionals are implemented, though,
but the most important are

> I read about the LSDA-functionals.f90 and found only
> the LSDA choices for PZ and PW are allowed.

this is for the LDA part-only. You can combine these with
various gradient corrections. Several popular gradient-
corrected functionals are available (Becke86-Perdew88,
Perdew-Wang 91, PBE). BLYP with spin polarization is also
implemented in 3.0

> By the way, I couldn't find this source file in espresso-3.0.
> Where has it gone?

part in Modules/functionals.f90, part in flib/functionals.f90,
flib/lsda_functionals.f90, flib/more_functionals.f90 .

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it