[Pw_forum] cannot install PWgui

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Apr 7 20:33:17 CEST 2005

> Dear Vivek,
>
>>Hi Sergey, it is obvious that one needs Guib but I downloaded the
>> >executable files for windows and not linux and would like to install
>> >this one windows.
>
> OK, it's your choice.I downloaded the windows version of the PWGui and
> reproduced your error. But nevertheless the solution is quite simple - I
> put pwgui.exe in C:\GUIB and tried again - it works.

This is a bit late reply, nevertheless: the Guib is included in the
executable file. Apparently, there is a problem in the production of this
executable file as PWgui cannot find Guib inside. The solution of
installing it in C:\GUIB is easy but not very general.

I would like to know for what version this happen: PWgui-v2.1 or
PWgui-v2.1.3 (available on PWgui web page only). If it is for v2.1, could
you also check if the same happens for v2.1.3.

Thanks, Tone