[Pw_forum] Re: Mg pseudopotential

CLAUDIA BUNGARO bungaro at physics.rutgers.edu
Tue Apr 5 14:34:57 CEST 2005

Dear Leonardo,

As already mentioned by Stefano De gironcoli, the
pseudopotential Mg.pz-n-vbc.UPF that you can find at the pwscf web page is a
norm-conserving PP with nlcc and it has been used in a number of systems,
including phonons of Mg surfaces (and thermal expansion).
Look at the  details item in the pseudopotential page.

There is a section in the manual about negative Acoustic frequencies at
gamma (troubleshooting). If they are not too large they may just be due to
the fact that the ASR is not IMPOSED in the code.

Claudia Bungaro

Dr. Claudia Bungaro
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Rutgers University
136 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway,  NJ 08854-8019

tel: +1 732 445 4197          fax: +1 732 445 4343
email: bungaro at physics.rutgers.edu