[Pw_forum] segmentation fault

Mousumi Upadhyay Kahaly mousumi at jncasr.ac.in
Sat Sep 18 18:46:02 CEST 2004

DEAR ALL,

       I am trying to run some cluster calculations. Till 16 atom cluster
the run was going on fine. But, in the last run with 18 atoms,
though i constructed the input file in exactly the similar manner, I am
getting the msg
                  "SEGMENTATION FAULT"

I will attach herewith the command I gave for the run and then the msg
with which it stopped.

"[mousumi at cat3 Se_Cluster]$ nohup ../pw.x < 18atom_Cluster1.in >
18atom_Cluster1.out &
[1] 10032
[mousumi at cat3 Se_Cluster]$
[1]+  Segmentation fault      nohup ../pw.x <18atom_Cluster1.in
>18atom_Cluster1.out
"
        Can you please suggest me, how can I get rid of the error msg and
get desired run?

         Best regards,   Mousumi Upadhyay.