[Pw_forum] Re: OPTERON 64-bit and Portland pgf90 5.2-4

Andrea Floris afloris at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 26 19:12:09 CEST 2004

I answer myself:), hoping that it can be useful for somebody.
The ./configure put in make.sys as compilation flags:

FFLAGS         = -fast -r8 $(IFLAGS)

where -fast == -O2 -Munroll=c:1 -Mnoframe -Mlre

I changed the optimization level to -01, that is, substituting:

FFLAGS         = -fast -r8 $(IFLAGS)

with:

FFLAGS         = -O1 -Mnoframe -Mlre -r8 $(IFLAGS)

and ph.x does not give any more segmentation fault errors. If anyone has
another solution, maybe preserving the optimization level -02, please let
me know..

Thanks,

Andrea