[Pw_forum] Compiling problems on AMD opteron64 under Linux using MPI

Nicola Marzari marzari at mit.edu
Tue Oct 12 07:55:04 CEST 2004

Not sure if this is relevant, but does mpif.h include real8 ? mpif.h can
be found in /usr/local/include or /usr/include, and we found
(for dual Xeon, lam-mpi) that we needed to add real8 in there, as in:

       integer MPI_INTEGER, MPI_REAL, MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION
       integer MPI_REAL8
       integer MPI_COMPLEX, MPI_LOGICAL, MPI_CHARACTER

and

       parameter (MPI_REAL=12)
       parameter (MPI_REAL8=13)
       parameter (MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION=13)