[Pw_forum] Whirlgif

Tone Kokalj Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si
Mon Nov 29 15:03:41 CET 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 03:39:30PM +0330, Mahmoud Payami wrote:
> Dear Tone,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. Last night I downloaded the second
> choice (rpm) and installed. But I could not make an animated gif from the
> output of running pw.x with 'relax' (i.e. example 03).

I would need more description of problem in order to help you.

> Does it need any elaboration  or just clicking the buttons should work?

You should edit the $HOME/.xcrysden/custom-definitions file and
defined the whirlgif as follows:

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  With "whirlgif" program XCRYSDEN can create an Animated-GIF image

set xcMisc(whirlgif) /usr/bin/whirlgif

On my computer whirlgif is in /usr/bin, you should replace /usr/bin
with your path of whirlgif.

Regards, Tone

| Anton Kokalj                                 Email: Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si |
| Department of Physical and Organic Chemistry Phone: x 386 1 477 3523   |
| Jozef Stefan Institute                         Fax: x 386 1 477 3811   |
| Jamova 39, SI-1000 Ljubljana                                           |
| SLOVENIA                                                               |