[Pw_forum] help about install pWscf on Redhat9 with ifc 8.0

xywu xywu at imr.ac.cn
Mon Nov 15 05:30:30 CET 2004

For the encode is GB2312 before, i send the email again.

Dear all PWscf users,

I download the new version (2.1) of the PWscf package. The OS is redhat 9 with ifort 8.0.046 on Intel P4.
When ./configure, the following occurs:
Checking  the system.......i686-pc-linux-gnu
Checking  architecture......linux32
Check for ifort....ifort
checking for Fortran 77 compile default output....a.out
Checking whether the fortran77 compiler works.....configure: error:cannot run Fortran 77 compiled programs.
If you want to cross compile,use '--host'
See 'config.log' for more details.
--------------------
In 'config.log', the follows are related to the error:
configure:1579: checking for Fortran77 compile default output
configure:1582: ifort conftest.f >&5
configure:1585: $? = 0
configure:1631: result: a.out
configure:1636: whether the fortran77 compiler works
configure:1642: ./a.out
./a.out: error while loading shared libraries:libcxa.so.5:cannot open shared object file :No such file or directory
configure:1645: $? =127
configure:1654:  error:cannot run Fortran 77 compiled programs.
If you want to cross compile,use '--host'
See 'config.log' for more details.
I cannot find the file conftest.f in the directory, maybe it's a temp file during configure.

Please help me to resolve it, thank you in advance!

X.Y.Wu

In IMR,CAS