[Pw_forum] temporary file size diffrence on different machine

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Nov 12 22:12:08 CET 2004

On Thursday 11 November 2004 05:43, Adrain Zhou wrote:

> For the same input,  the size of the temporary wavefunction file in linux
> cluster is four times bigger than that in HP-COMPAQ alpha machine.

Intel compiler v.8 or later? the geniuses at Intel keep changing the
behavior of their compiler all the time. They used bytes as units for
direct access record lenght, now they use 32-bit words, tomorrow
maybe quarters of bits. You need the compiler option (which should
be automatically added by configure) "-assume byterecl"

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it