[Pw_forum] -D__NEW_PUNCH optiion

Konstantin Kudin konstantin_kudin at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 18:36:32 CEST 2004

 Dear Sergei

 There was a discussion here before on the issue of
saving wavefunction files. If you run non-MD PWSCF (no
CP), then you can just keep the old *.rho file, trash
*.wfc files, and request atomic wavefunctions for
restart. When not reading the old *.wfc files the
extra work are just few Davidson iterations (~<5) at
the very first SCF cycle, which is probably less than
~5% of cpu time for the first energy point. Definitely
a worthwhile tradeoff.

 Kostya