[Pw_forum] problem of the second derivative of energy of DFPT

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Jan 7 14:08:04 CET 2004

using your input I get:

0.190 Ryd/bohr2 from energy vs displacement of frozen phonon
0.193 Ryd/bohr2 from force vs displacement of frozen phonon
0.191 Ryd/bohr2 from diagonal element of dynamical matrix computed by
phonon code.

pay attention that in your input alas.dx.scf.in the atom is displaced by
0.001 in the 111 direction so the lenght of your displacement is 10.60 *
0.001 * sqrt(3) bohr. I guess you overlooked that (0.571/3=0.190).
I don't know why you get 0.203 from the phonon calculation.

Stefano de Gironcoli