[Pw_forum] Compiling pwscf using ifc 7.1 on a x64-64 system

Jonathan Breeze breezejd at lsbu.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 15:02:01 CET 2004

As far as I know, IFC can only generate 32-bit code that is compatible
with an AMD64 processor.  There is a version for IA-64 chips but I don't
think it would be compatible with AMD64.  The  PGI compiler can generate
64-bit code apparently, I'll be trying that next I think, then I will be
able to compare performance.

Gerardo Ballabio wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 13:31, Jonathan Breeze wrote:
>

>>Just thought I would share some of my experiences getting pwscf (version
>>1.3 and 2.0) to compile using Intel Fortran Compiler (IFC) on a 64-bit
>>linux system (AMD64 on Suse 9.0 x86_64).
>>

>Hi Jonathan,
>I see you compiled PWscf as 32-bit code. Have you tried a 64-bit
>install? We would be very interested in getting that to work.
>
>Gerardo

Jonathan Breeze
Research Fellow
Centre for Physical Electronics and Materials
London South Bank University
103 Borough Road
London
SE1 0AA