[Pw_forum] compilation on SUN

Stefano Piscanec sp344 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 20 17:07:40 CET 2004

Dear Paolo,

thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Following your advice, I recompiled the code again, using all the
combinations of underscors and capital character in the definition of the
LN_*.

To be sure that all the parts of the code were poperly recompiled, I
always performed a 'make clean' before a new compilation.

Unfortunately I couldn't get rid of the error message.

Maybe I am doing something wrong at an earlier stage, so I'll try to give
you as many details as possible:

1) I replaced the cp.h with a new file where:

	a) no #if instructions is used
	b) and which is made by lines like ''# define LN_SET ln_set__''

2) I changed those lines in the following way:
   compilation 1:#  define LN_SET ln_set__
   compilation 2:#  define LN_SET ln_set_
   compilation 6:#  define LN_SET LN_SET

3) After modification of cp.h I:
	a) checked the file again (es: grep LN_SET ./clib/cp.h)
	b) cleaned the installation ( make clean)
        c) recompiled the code (make all > & log.file &)

...and I always got the same error message.

Looking at the log_files, I also found these messages:

	"indici.c", line 81: warning: implicit function declaration: abs
	"indici.c", line 145: warning: implicit function declaration: malloc
	"indici.c", line 151: warning: implicit function declaration: free
	"indici.c", line 158: warning: implicit function declaration: exit
	"cptimer.c", line 81: warning: implicit function declaration: times

and

	Warning: -O5 overwrites previously set optimization level of -O3

Finally, I also had to modify cft3.f90 in order to avoid the following
error:

        mc = dfftp%ismap (i)
             ^
"cft3.F90", Line = 152, Column = 14: ERROR: IMPLICIT NONE is specified in
the local scope, therefore an explicit type must be specified for data
object "DFFTP".

the modification I did (which I hope doesn't affect the behaviour of the
code) is just replacing:

#if defined __FFT_MODULE_DRV
  use fft_scalar, only : cft_1z, cft_2xy
  use sticks, only: dfftp
#endif

with:

#if defined __FFT_MODULE_DRV
  use fft_scalar, only : cft_1z, cft_2xy
!  use sticks, only: dfftp
#endif
   use sticks, only: dfftp

I hope someone can give me some more advice on how to work out the
compilations.

Regards,

Stefano