[Pw_forum] error in compiling of PWSCF 2.1 on RedHat 9.0

Tae-Bum Lee tblee at insilicotech.co.kr
Mon Dec 27 07:22:23 CET 2004

Dear,

I am so happy to find PWSCF for solid state QM level calculation using
pesudopotential......

I would like to test the PWscf for my solid system calculation on Redhat
linux 9.0 system.
When I try to configure the PWSCF source code on my system, I have got
the error message
from shell as you see in my attachment. I cannot hardly find the way of
fixing for my
problem in README or installation guide. Must I edit the configure file
for my 32-bit linux
system in manually for each system ? From the README, the compiling of
PWSCF is just executed
by "./configure" and "make install" after untar of PWSCF source code.

Because of my poor understanding of autoconf and make application, I
have some trouble to configure
and compile the PWSCF manually on my system. Is it necessary to use
specific fortran 90 compilier or not ?
If then, which version of fortran 90 compilier is needed ?

If you let me know the best way of problem fixing or configuration
procedure, I appreciate greatly,