[Pw_forum] the problem about installment

ÂíÊ¿»ª mashihua at aphy.iphy.ac.cn
Mon Dec 6 15:07:07 CET 2004

Hi, everyone!

I am a beginner and I came across a problem when I tried to install the
pwscf software. My OS is Federa core 2 .

The error information is followed. If you know the answer, please tell me
how to solve it in detail. I am not familiar to linux system.

[root at localhost pwscf]# ./configure
checking architecture... linux32
checking for mpif90... no
checking for ifort... ifort
checking for Fortran 77 compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the Fortran 77 compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether ifort accepts -g... yes
checking version of ifort... ifort 8.1
checking for ifort... ifort
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether ifort accepts -g... yes
checking for icc... no
checking for ecc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking version of gcc... gcc 3.3.3
setting FFLAGS... -O2 -tpp6 -assume byterecl
setting F90FLAGS... $(FFLAGS) -nomodule
setting CFLAGS... -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
setting CPP... cpp
setting CPPFLAGS... -P -traditional
setting LD... ifort
setting LDFLAGS...
setting AR... ar
setting ARFLAGS... ruv
checking whether Fortran files must be preprocessed... no
checking for library containing zggev... no
in /usr/local/lib: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /opt/intel/mkl701/lib/32: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /opt/intel/mkl/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /opt/intel/mkl/lib/32: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /cineca/lib: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /cineca/prod/intel/lib: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /opt/intel_fc_80/lib: checking for library containing zggev... no
checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /usr/local/lib: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel/mkl701/lib/32: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel/mkl/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel/mkl/lib/32: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /cineca/lib: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /cineca/prod/intel/lib: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel_fc_80/lib: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /usr/local/lib: checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /opt/intel/mkl701/lib/32: checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32: checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /opt/intel/mkl/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /opt/intel/mkl/lib/32: checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /cineca/lib: checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /cineca/prod/intel/lib: checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /opt/intel_fc_80/lib: checking for library containing dgemm... no
checking for library containing dgemm... -lblas
checking for library containing zggev... -llapack
checking for library containing mpi_init... no
setting LIBS... -llapack -lblas
checking for library containing mpi_init... (cached) no
checking for library containing zggev... (cached) -llapack
checking for library containing fftwnd... (cached) no
setting DFLAGS... -D__LINUX -D__INTEL -D__FFTW -D__USE_INTERNAL_FFTW
setting FDFLAGS... $(DFLAGS)
setting RANLIB... echo
setting MYLIB...
checking module dependencies... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating make.sys
config.status: creating make.rules
ESPRESSO can take advantage of several optimized numerical libraries
(essl, fftw, mkl...). This configure script attempts to find them,
but may fail if they have been installed in non-standard locations.

The following libraries have been found:
 LIBS= -llapack  -lblas

If any libraries are missing, you may specify a list of directories
to search and retry, as follows:
 ./configure LIBDIRS="list of directories, separated by spaces"

For more information, read README.install or the ESPRESSO User's Guide.
WARNING: parallel environment not detected
this program will run in single-processor mode

Thank you in advance!