[Pw_forum] configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int), 77

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Sun Aug 29 14:20:15 CEST 2004

Dear PWSCF Users,

I compiled PWSCF on Red_Hat-10+Ifort+MKL70 without any error message. But, when I start to run the 1st example, the system hangs and no output(?).
However, repeating the compilation on RH10+ifc70+mkl61, the comilation is ok and it runs without any problem on a single processor mode.
Now, I have configured my system for parallel processing. The "./configure" script now gives the following message containing error:
--------------------------
checking for mpif90... mpif90
checking for Fortran 77 compiler default output... a.out
checking whether the Fortran 77 compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether mpif90 accepts -g... yes
checking version of mpif90... ifc 7.1
checking for mpif77... mpif77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether mpif77 accepts -g... yes
checking for mpicc... mpicc
checking whether mpicc accepts -g... yes
checking for mpicc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
setting FFLAGS... -Vaxlib -O2 -tpp6
setting F90FLAGS... $(FFLAGS) -nomodule
setting CFLAGS... -O3
checking how to run the C preprocessor... mpicc -E
setting CPPFLAGS...
setting LD... mpif90
setting LDFLAGS... -Vaxlib
setting AR... ar
setting ARFLAGS... ruv
checking whether Fortran files must be preprocessed... no
checking for library containing zggev... no
in /usr/local/lib: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /opt/intel/mkl/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /opt/intel/mkl/lib/32: checking for library containing zggev... no
in /opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing zggev... -lmkl_lapack
checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /usr/local/lib: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel/mkl/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel/mkl/lib/32: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /cineca/lib: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /cineca/prod/intel/lib: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /usr/local/lib: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
checking for library containing mpi_init... none required
setting LIBS... -L/opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32 -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide
checking for library containing mpi_init... (cached) none required
checking for library containing zggev... (cached) -lmkl_lapack
checking for library containing zhegvx... none required
checking for library containing fftwnd... (cached) no
setting DFLAGS... -D__LINUX -D__INTEL -D__MPI -D__PARA -DHAS_ZHEGVX -D__FFTW -D__USE_INTERNAL_FFTW
setting MYLIB... lapack_mkl
checking module dependencies... done
checking for int... yes
checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int), 77
See `config.log' for more details.

Any comments is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mahmoud Payami