[Pw_forum] errors when running examples

Konstantin Kudin konstantin_kudin at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 20:58:01 CEST 2004

--- Sergei Lisenkov <proffess at yandex.ru> wrote:

>  Aso Kenn said, Atlas library does not contain full lapack library.
> But I would like present my small expirience using
> atlas/acml/mkl/goto library on Athlon machine.
>
> I performed a small test of example3. I got that faster pw code is
> code linked with atlas and acml library (gnu32_nosse2).

 Certain versions of the ACML library crash PWSCF, such as for example
GCC version with SSE2. Tracking down such crashes is hopeless. I
resorted to using the version {_nosse2}. This one appears to be stable.
On a side note, ACML is not fast compared to Atlas, so it makes sense
only to use it for the routines missing in Atlas.

 For those who want to use atlas+ACML, below is the sequence of the
libraries that works well:

-lfftw
/home/software/32bit/atlas/libf77blas.a
/home/software/32bit/atlas/liblapack.a
/home/software/32bit/atlas/libcblas.a
/home/software/32bit/atlas/libatlas.a
/home/software/32bit/acml/gnu32_nosse2/lib/libacml.a
/usr/lib/libg2c.so.0

(substitute paths for the correct ones on your machine)

 Kostya