[Pw_forum] installation problem

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon Aug 9 15:07:54 CEST 2004

On Monday 09 August 2004 13:54, Prasenjit Ghosh wrote:

> I tried to install PWscf v.2.0.4 with GUI, on a linux pc using intel
> compiler[...] To me it appears that it can't recognize the ifc compiler.

since this question keeps appearing in this mailing list,
the following paragraph will be added to the next version
of the manual:

If {\tt configure} doesn't find the compiler, or if you get
"Error loading shared libraries..." at run time, you have
forgotten to execute the script that sets up the correct path
and library path. Unless your system manager has done this
for you, you should execute the appropriate script -- located
in the directory containing the compiler executable -- in your
initialization files. Consult the documentation provided by Intel.

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it