[Pw_forum] error running w/ PathScale on Opteron

Eros Albertazzi phyche1 at bo.imm.cnr.it
Fri Apr 23 21:04:16 CEST 2004

Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> On Friday 23 April 2004 14:47, Eros Albertazzi wrote:
>

>>I got PathScale compilers and I tried to compile pw on an Opteron pc
>>but I ended up with undefined references [...]
>>: undefined reference to `c_mkdir__'
>>: undefined reference to `ln_alloc__'
>>: undefined reference to `ln_set__'
>>: undefined reference to `ln_activate__'
>>: undefined reference to `destroy_plan_1d__'
>

> these are C routines that are subject to the usual problem of added
> underscores. Look into clib/cp.h and choose the appropriate
> option instead of __PGI - i.e. the one that adds the right number of
> underscores: try with one.
>
> Paolo

Thanks for the hint.
With the addition of __GNU_LINK  I am able to compile the code

However I have a segmentation fault running pw.x on the si.scf.david.in
of example1.
In the zhegv routine of subroutine cdiaghg (print statement debugging)

here is the output
      Initial potential from superposition of free atoms

      starting charge = 252.96905
      Starting wfc are atomic

**** Segmentation fault!  Fault address: (nil)

This is likely to have been caused by either a null pointer dereference
or a general protection fault.
Abort

--
Eros Albertazzi