[Pw_forum] Large files

Mickael Profeta profeta at sissa.it
Fri Apr 23 15:00:53 CEST 2004

Hello

This not something trivial to solve.

Linux on a 32bits architectecture has this 2Gb files limit.
There is a LFS (large file support) option in 2.4 kernel which can
overcome this problem, but you will have to recompile your kernel, and
then recompile pwscf with the hope it will take it into account (never
tested...)

Maybe the other solution is to increase the number of processors used:
at the moment, each processor write its own file, so of you increase
their number, each will have less information and can lead to file
smaller than 2 Gb. Certainly the easiest solution if you can use it.

Good luck

Mickael