[Pw_forum] configure problem: sizeof (int), 77

Gerardo Ballabio g.ballabio at cineca.it
Thu Apr 22 14:30:10 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 13:48, Cyrille Barreteau wrote:
> checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int), 77

I've seen that error several times. Not sure what is causing it, but
here's how to make it go away:

- edit "configure.ac", remove these lines (near the end of the file):
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(int)
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(long)
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(float)
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(double)
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(char)
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(void *)
- run autoconf: this should produce a new "configure"
- rerun "configure".
You need a reasonably recent version of autoconf (>= 2.53). If you have
problems with that, I can generate a new "configure" and mail it to you.

Gerardo Ballabio