[Pw_forum] J.Breeze on:Third order anharmonic dynamical matrix

Jonathan Breeze breezejd at lsbu.ac.uk
Tue Sep 30 18:27:58 CEST 2003

Dear Michele,

Thank you for your reply.  It was very useful.  I had used the
super-cell approach for the frozen phonon method for comparison with the
D3 calculation.  So, hopefully it should be relatively easy to
apply your suggestion of zone folding.

Out of interest, I recently read a paper by G. Deinzer, G. Birner and D.
Strauch (Phys. Rev. B 67, 144304, 2003) which reports on calculations of
D^3(-q1-q2,q1,q2).  The form of the calculation was similar to that
reported by Debarnardi and Baroni. (Solid State Comm. 91, 813, 1994),
using the 2n+1 theorem.  The main differences are having to calculate
the electronic term for pairs of q values, a more involved Fourier
transformation of the anharmonic coefficients and a slightly more
complex Ewald transformation for the ionic part.

Anyway, thanks again for your advice.

Jonathan Breeze

--
Jonathan Breeze