[Pw_forum] dielectric functions in the region of GHz to THz

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Tue Sep 30 08:54:21 CEST 2003

Well, it depends on the material. If the relevant elementary excitations
 which determine the dielectric constant in that spectral region, then
PWscf+PHONON will certainly do. You'll have to calculate zone-center
phonons + effective charges + static electronic dielectric constant, and
look into a standard textbook how to obtain the diectric constant from
the data so produced (it is very easy). For the time being, PWscf is
unable to deal with any electronic contribution to the dynamic response.
(it can calculate static response, though). Hope this helps. SB