[Pw_forum] The makefile for FPMD is absent in fpmd.tgz

Zhu-feng Hou zhufhou at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 11:45:01 CEST 2003

Dear pwscf user:
In my apprehension, the makefiles in the subdirectory
'/install' are just for all program. If one type
"./configure platform", it just creat the local
configuration(writen in the files: Makefile, make.sys
and make.rules). It can't create the particular
'Makefile' for 'fpmd', which should be in the
subdirectory 'FPMD'.
If one take some minutes to browse the subdirectories
of 'CPV', 'PW', 'PH','PP','D3' and 'Gamma', in each
subdirectory there is a particular 'Makefile' for the
program. However in the subdirectory 'FPMD', the
particular 'Makefile' for 'fpmd' is missing.
After 'configure platform' and 'make fpmd', there
would occur some errores as follows:
( cd FPMD; make all )
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xxx/pwscf1.3/FPMD'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xxx/pwscf1.3/FPMD'
make: *** [fpmd] Error 1