[Pw_forum] what atoms are counted by ntype

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 18:46:01 CET 2003

Dear Dmitry,

PWSCF input requires all atoms in the unit cell,
including all  crystallographycally equivalent and
different atoms. I will be happy if it is not true
(then there was not neseccary using other codes like
LMTO46 to generate equivalent atoms. Even VASP is not
able to do that, at least I am not aware of this).

So, it means  chemically (and spin direction)
different atoms. For example,  NiO has 2 type of atoms
in the paramagnetic case and 4 type of atoms for the
antiferromagnetic case.

Regards,
Eyvaz.