[Pw_forum] Pt bulk phonon calculated by PWSCF 1.2.0

Hong, SamPyo likedew at phys.ksu.edu
Wed Mar 26 00:13:05 CET 2003

Dear PWSCF users,

a couple of days ago I reported a problem with the anomaly in the bulk
Pt phonon dispersion,
but it was beautifully solved  according to the instruction suggested
below by Stefano de Gironcoli.
Really I could reproduce accurately the anomaly in the bulk Pt phonon
dispersion.

Just a small question: during a phonon calculation of a slab consisting
several layers,
I'm seeing the following messages.  Could any of you explain why I'm
getting these messages?
Can this be a effect on the final result of phonons?

(I say that most of the parameters I'm using are defaults.)
   nbndx  =    56  nbnd   =    55  natomwfc =    56  npwx   =     696
     nelec  =   92.00 nkb   =   121  ngl    =    7557

Possibly too few bands at point    1    .00000    .00000    .00000

Possibly too few bands at point    2    .04167    .07217    .00000

Possibly too few bands at point    8    .08333    .00000    .00000

Thanks a lot.

Sampyo