[Pw_forum] Electron-phonon coupling

Malgorzata Wierzbowska wierzbom at tcd.ie
Sat Mar 22 14:03:41 CET 2003

Which version of the program and what pseudopotentials do you use?
If this is ultrasoft pseudopotetial then do as follows:
Edit the file phonon.F (or phonon.f90) in phlib (or PH).
Go to the end and you see the place when elph=.true..
Write "call dvanqq" as it is below and recompile the program.

if (elph) then
call dvanqq
if (.not.trans) call elphon
call elphsum
endif

If pseudo is normconserving and you have too big el-ph couplings
(with good phonon spectra) probably it happens at phonon vectors
which have small frequencies.
What exactly are the numbers? It would help to check from which
region at frequency axis it comes.
Which q-points are particularly bad?

Gosia