[Pw_forum] Calculations of magnetic systems by pwscf

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 09:05:54 CET 2003

Dear Raghani,

Unfortunately, I was not in the workshop and I don't
know what kind of reasons were provided for this.
Nevertheless, I did a lot of calculations for magnetic
systems and results were good.

So, you should add the next lines into your input
file:

lsda=.true.,
starting_magnetization(1)=0.9,

where the index means the magnetization for a given
sort of atoms.

Regards,
Eyvaz.
Theoretical Physics Department
Moscow State Institute of Steel and Alloys