[Pw_forum] WDA and GW approximation method

Nicola Marzari marzari at mit.edu
Thu Jun 26 11:11:21 CEST 2003

Dear Ichiro,

we had looked at gaps in semiconductors and in oxides with the
WDA a few years ago ( J. Phys. Chem. Solids 61 321 (2000),
and PRB 62 12724 (2000) ). It makes little difference, albeit
in the right direction.

For GW there is abundant literature, and it does work well.

				nicola

tel 617.4522758  fax 617.2586534  marzari at mit.edu  http://nnn.mit.edu