[Pw_forum] Trouble in phonon calculation

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 12:04:38 CEST 2003

Hi,

Probably, you should decrease the alpha_mix parameter
for phonon calculations inserting a new line and
specifying alpha_mix=your_choice (right after nscf
calculations for a given q-point). By default
alpha_mix=0.7 and for surface (supercell) calculations
it should be of order of 0.1 (at least, not 0.7).

Regards,
Eyvaz Isaev