[Pw_forum] error on LINUX-MPI

Giovanni Cangiani giovanni.cangiani at epfl.ch
Tue Jul 8 11:35:43 CEST 2003

I encoutered the same problem some time ago.
The definition of MPI_REAL8 in mpif.h from lam distribution is missing.
MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION is defined instead.
A quick workaround is to define it in the include/machine.h file:
something like

#ifdef __LAM
#define MPI_REAL8 MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION
#endif

and define __LAM cpp directive in your make.sys:

CPPFLAGS = .... -D__LAM

I do not remember exactly but I have the feeling that with
lam there were still another problem. But let see first what you get
with this.

	giovanni.