[Pw_forum] (no subject)

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Feb 26 09:49:03 CET 2003

If you specify verbosity='high' in the &control namelist the program
output more details  about the symmetry operations that are found;
not only their total number but also  a "human readable" description
of each, like  "rotation by pi/2 around x" or similar.
With a group theory booklet at hand it should be possible to identify
the space group.

Beware: pwscf only tries to apply symmetry operations that belong to
the cubic or hexagonal groups with respect to the assumed cartesian
axes. If your molecule is not properly oriented with respect to these
axes no symmetry operation or only a subset of them could be found.

All the best ,

stefano