[Pw_forum] problems on Alpha and PC

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon Feb 24 10:14:09 CET 2003

Hi

> The run on DEC-Alpha fails with the following error message:

I know nothing - and don't want to know anything - about Alpha
Dec/Compaq/HP/whatever thay are called now/ machines.
I know that it was mentioned in this mailing list that some versions
of the dxml/cxml/whatever they are called now/ libraries are buggy.
Try to load compiled blas and lapack instead of or before cxml
(you may still use FFT's from cxml).

>     pseudo_dir = '/home/giannozz/O-sesame/pseudo//',
>     outdir='/home/giannozz/tmp//'

you shouldn't use the sample input file as is. Use the script
"run_example". I might consider letting you read from my
pseudopotentials, but I definitely won't let you write to my
home directory :-)

> cft_3.o(.text+0xe4): undefined reference to `fftw3d_f77_create_plan_'
> cft_3.o(.text+0x10c): undefined reference to `fftwnd_f77_one_'
> cft_fftw.o(.text+0x5a): undefined reference to `fftw_f77_create_plan_'
> cft_fftw.o(.text+0x7d): undefined reference to `fftw_f77_'

There are detailed explanations in the manual on how to choose the
number of underscores for FFTW symbols. If you are compiling FFTW
from scratch, verify that f77 symbols are created (you need a fortran
compiler that is recognized by the FFTW installation mechanism: ifc
is not, I think). In any event, you have to load the FFTW library, as
noted by Xhongjun.

Any idea on how to solve this issue once and for all is welcome.

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19