[Pw_forum] sometimes a failure in qvan2.f90

PGnujeon baknoo at tokyo.rist.or.jp
Mon Dec 15 10:24:25 CET 2003

Dear any expert at PWscf ?
When I run pw.x with USPP, sometimes the program stops at qvan2.f90, reporting "invalid mpi operation in qvan2".
Whenever I encounter such error message, I reduce the number of process and the code works.
Sorry for this rough message. But would any body suggest any hint for this problem ?
Again, "pw.x with USPP" successfully works with some number of processors.
However it fails with some larger number of processors.

Sincerely,

Noah.