[Pw_forum] LDA+U in PWSCF

Matteo Cococcioni matteoc at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 14 16:48:35 CEST 2003

Dear Taner,

the LDA+U in pwscf was implemented by Stefano de Gironcoli and me. To help
you I can provide my PhD thesis where the theory of this part is
illustrated, and also some examples of input for pwscf. Anyway to run a
LDA+U calculation is quite simple: you just need to give a non zero value
to the input variable Hubbard_U and set the logical variable lda_plus_u
to .true. . You can find some explanation about this in the
pwdocs/INPUT_PW file.
Let me know if you want my thesis or have some problems with lda+U
calculations.

best,

		Matteo