[Pw_forum] postproc on linux cluster

Goranka Bilalbegovic goranka.bilalbegovic at zg.hinet.hr
Mon Aug 11 09:09:32 CEST 2003

Hello.

I am not able to use postprocessing routines on the linux cluster (mpich, PBS). I have learnt how to use PPs using mpi on SGI O2K, but on the linux cluster it does not work. The error is:
from postproc : error #
wrong no. of arguments
I found this place in the code, but whatever I put in the PBS script on the run the MPI executable line it does not work.

On the page 12 of the manual there is a sentence: "The final result is collected into a single file, whose format is processor-number-independent, if the code is compiled with -D__NEW_PUNCH in CPPFLAGS." Postprocessing routines do not work on the linux cluster I use regardless of this -D_NEW_PUNCH option. I noticed that with this option the file *.pun does not form, but the number of *.wfc* files is again equal to the number of processors. I was expecting only one *.wfc to form.

Thanks for help.
Best regards,
Goranka