[Pw_forum] mpirun

FELIPE VALENCIA felipe at titan.ipicyt.edu.mx
Tue Apr 29 02:57:58 CEST 2003

Dear All,

I have been trying to run the pwscf program in a beowulf cluster (using
the pgi compiler and the public fftw) - As a matter of fact I have not got
real experience with
beowulf clusters, and just followed the installation instructions -
Anyway, during compilation time everything seemed fine, but when I tried
to run

#>mpirun -n0-4 pw.x -npool 2 <test.inp

I have got the following message from mpirun:

It seems that [at least] one of processes that was started with mpirun
did not invoke MPI_INIT before quitting (it is possible that more than
one process did not invoke MPI_INIT -- mpirun was only notified of the
first one, which was on node n0).

mpirun can *only* be used with MPI programs (i.e., programs that
invoke MPI_INIT and MPI_FINALIZE).  You can use the "lamexec" program
to run non-MPI programs over the lambooted nodes.

Any advices? I know this is probably a silly question, but any help would
be acknowledged.

Thanks in advance,
Felipe