[Pw_forum] Electron-phonon coupling

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Apr 10 19:17:28 CEST 2003

Hi

> Everthing seems to be clear, excludind the "nsig"
> parameter. I guess it means number of gaussian
> broadening, i.e. it should be the same as "ngauss".

no, it's not the same: ngauss = kind of gaussian broadening;
nsig = number of different gaussian broadenings used to
calculate the double sum at EFermi appearing in the expression
of the el-ph coupling . Several different values of the gaussian
broadening are used to test convergence, as earlier explained
on this mailing list

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19