[Pw_forum] installation Error

Lu Fu-Fa g930102 at ccit.edu.tw
Tue Apr 8 04:30:10 CEST 2003

Dear Mahmoud,

I found you are still troubled in installation steps ( Intel Compiler).

So I upload my setup for you.

Here is my system's configuration:

CPU = Intel P4
Os  = Linux RedHat 8.0
Compilier = Intel Compiler 7.0
Intel Mathematical Kernel Library Ver.5.2
FFTW = Precompiled by DFTGWA group for Intel P4 exclusive and Intel Compiler

Here is my file( make.sys):

OSHOME=/home/lucre/pwscf
#
# System-dependent Make definitions for Linux, Intel compiler (v.5-6)
# Edit according to your needs
#
# add -DMKL if using the Intel Mathematical Kernel Library
# Add -DADD_BLAS_ONE_UNDERSCORE if your blas/lapack library names contain
# two underscores at the end
# Define FFTW library names with one underscore less than they have in
# the library (one underscore is added by the compiler)
#
CPPFLAGS = -I$(OSHOME)/include/ -DPC -DMKL -DFFTW  \
           -D"FFTWND_F77_ONE=fftwnd_f77_one" \
           -D"FFTW3D_F77_CREATE_PLAN=fftw3d_f77_create_plan" \
           -D"FFTW_F77=fftw_f77" \
           -D"FFTW_F77_CREATE_PLAN=fftw_f77_create_plan"
#
# Fortran compiler:
#
F90 = ifc
#
# fortran options:
# -Vaxlib         enables the use of portability libraries (getarg
#                 and maybe other library calls)
# -W0             disable warnings
# -O3             more aggressive optimization
# -tpp5           Pentium    optimization
# -tpp6           Pentium Pro, 2, 3  optimization
# -tpp7           Pentium 4  optimization
#
FFLAGS =-Vaxlib -O2 -tpp7 -w

F90FLAGS= $(FFLAGS) -fpp $(CPPFLAGS)
#
# This is needed to tell the compiler where modules are
# use this for version < 7
# MODULEFLAG= -cl,./intel.pcl
# use this for version = 7
MODULEFLAG= -nomodule -I $(OSHOME)/Modules -I$(OSHOME)/PW -I$(OSHOME)/PH
#
# Loader:
#
# The following is for Intel MKL libraries v. 5.1 on Pentium-4
# (remember -DMKL in CPPFLAGS !)
# For MKL v. 5.2, add "-lguide"
# Use libmkl_p3 for Pentium-3, libmkl_p4.a for Pentium-4 machines
# (MKL will likely not work for other CPUs like Athlon)
#
LIBS= /home/lucre/ecal/fftw/libfftw.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack.a \
      /opt/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_p4.a -lguide -lpthread
#
# The following is for Atlas optimized blas/lapack libraries
# You may not actually need -lcblas . See the manual for details
# on how to fix I/O incompatibility problems with ifc
#
# LIBS = -lfftw -L$(HOME)/Linux_ATHLON256/ -llapack -lf77blas -lcblas -latlas
#
LD=$(F90)
LFLAGS = -Vaxlib $(LIBS)

#
# ar:
#
AR = ar
ARFLAGS = ruv

Have funs for PWscf,

Lu Fu-Fa, Doctoral Student, E-mail: g930102 at ccit.edu.tw
Semiconductors Lab., Dept. of Applied Physics
Chung Cheng Institute of Technology (CCIT), Taiwan